DALE E. JOHNSON
Dale started his practice in Boulder, Colorado, in 1971, and over time he limited his practice to family law. As founder of Dale E. Johnson, P.C., he continues to focus exclusively on family law. He is licensed in Colorado State and Federal Courts and is a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Dale received his B.A. from Colorado College and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Colorado.
“I focus on family law because it lets me solve real problems for real people. I succeed because of the right combination of knowledge of the law, experience, and compassion.”
- Member, Boulder County Bar Association, 1971-present.
- Member, Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section.
- Recipient of Meritorious Service Award in recognition of past service on Colorado Bar Association Family Law Executive Council, August 2010.
- President, Colorado Chapter of American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), 2002-2003.
- Founder & First President, Colorado Interdisciplinary Committee on Child Custody, 1999-2000.
- President, Boulder Interdisciplinary Committee on Child Custody, 1995-1996.
- Chair, Family Law Section, Colorado Bar Association, 1991-1992.
- Lectured on property division issues in Dissolution of Marriage cases to newly appointed District Court Judges at Colorado Judicial Conference, Breckenridge, CO, 2008.
- Past Member, Colorado Supreme Court, Subcommittee on Pattern Discovery for Family Law
- Has lectured on family law and civil litigation topics for AAML, Colorado Bar Association, Boulder and state Interdisciplinary Committee, and Colorado Trial Lawyers Association.
- Featured as a "Superlawyer" in Colorado Superlawyer magazine.
Evan Branigan brings a pragmatic, client-centered professionalism to his family law practice. Before joining the firm, he clerked for the Hon. Elizabeth Brodsky, Magistrate for the 20th Judicial District, in Boulder, CO, drafting memoranda and orders in domestic relations cases. He previously represented children as guardian ad litem through C.U.’s Juvenile Law Clinic and interned at the University of Colorado’s Office of University Counsel.
He received his B.A. from the University of California at Santa Cruz, with honors (2007), and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Colorado Law School (2011).
“Effective representation requires dedicated attention to my client and poised advocacy at every stage. I choose to practice family law because I’m able to help guide clients through a challenging period in their lives.”
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association Family Law Section Judicial Liaison Committee (8th Judicial District)
- Member, Boulder County Bar Association
- CBA Family Law Section: Family Law Institute attendee (2011, 2012, 2014)
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyer's Division, Boulder County Bar Association (2013-present)